September 26, 2011
Updated Vision & Mission Statements:
To continually improve and advance the software testing profession by:
Defining and maintaining a Body of Knowledge which allows testers to be certified based on best practices, connecting the international software testing community, and encouraging research.
- We promote the value of software testing as a profession to individuals and organizations.
- We help software testers to be more efficient and effective in their work, through the certification of competencies.
- We enable testers to progress their career through a Professionals’ Code of Ethics and a multi-level certification pathway that provides them with the skills and knowledge they need to fulfil their growing responsibilities and to achieve increased professionalism.
- We continually advance the Testing Body of Knowledge by drawing on the best available industry practices and the most innovative research, and we make this knowledge freely available to all.
- We set the criteria for accrediting training providers, to ensure consistent delivery of the Body of Knowledge, world-wide.
- We regulate the content and coverage of exam questions, the examination process, and the issuing of certifications by official examination bodies.
- We are committed to expanding software testing certifications around the world, by admitting member boards into the ISTQB?. These boards adhere to the constitution, bylaws, and processes defined by the ISTQB?, and participate in regular audits.
- We nurture an open international community, committed to sharing knowledge, ideas, and innovations in software testing.
- We foster relationships with academia, government, media, professional associations and other interested parties.
- We provide a reference point against which the effectiveness of testing services can be evaluated, by maintaining our prominence as a respected source of knowledge in software testing.”
ISTQB? Values and Motto:
We are committed to professionalism, and our community comprises leading software testing practitioners and academics from all over the world.
- Knowledge sharing
The ISTQB? works to spread knowledge about testing and to make best practices freely available.
- Continuous learning
Technology and business drivers are constantly changing. As such, testers must constantly improve their skills and be open to learning new concepts. For this reason, the ISTQB? is committed to continuously updating its Body of Knowledge, drawing on the best available techniques from a broad range of sources.
We are all colleagues working to improve and promote software testing as a profession. The ISTQB? welcomes contributors from all over the world who are willing to work constructively and respect the ideas of others.
- Non-profit independency
The ISTQB? is a non-profit and independent organization.
All ISTQB? members and member boards are committed to upholding the highest ethical standards, as defined in the Software Testing Professionals’ Code of Ethics.
- Active member boards
All member boards contribute to the ISTQB?, by being involved in syllabi content, working groups, and in guiding ISTQB? decision making.
Policies and procedures are applied consistently by ISTBQ member boards, exam providers and training providers as a result of common processes that are audited, and take local and cultural differences into account.
- International presence
The ISTQB? provides certifications in all continents of the world.